Applications for this post have now closed.
We’re looking for an agency or freelance contractor to help us design user-centred products and services at the University.
- Contract details: 4 month contract, November 22 – February 23
- Location: Hybrid working – homebased, with days in our city centre office every Wednesday and Thursday
- Work pattern: The role is on a full-time basis, though hours can be flexible.
- Reporting to: Senior Digital Product Manager
About the University of Bristol
The University of Bristol is one of the most popular and successful universities in the UK, ranked 61st in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2023. Bristol is at the cutting edge of global research. We have made innovations in areas ranging from cot death prevention to nanotechnology. We aim to equip our students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in their chosen career in a competitive global market.
About the Digital Communications Team
We curate high quality digital experiences to meet our audiences’ user-needs, and achieve the university’s strategic objectives. We’re a team of Product Managers, Front End developers, UX/ UI Designers, User Researchers and Content Designers. We primarily work on the university’s website and intranet, but also lead on digital experience standards and best practise across the university.
As a UX Consultant working with our Digital Communications team you will help us to…
Your work is likely to involve the following:
- Be an advocate for UX and user-centred design across the organisation and upskill team members where appropriate.
- Engage with stakeholders and users from across the University to improve impact of released products and services.
- Work with colleagues in a timely way to examine and define issues and priorities to be supported.
Workshop and facilitation
- Support in designing workshops in order to map out key customer journeys across the organisation.
- Facilitating workshops to enable relevant stakeholders to empathise with their customers and map out their respective journeys.
- Synthesising insights gathered from the workshops to produce artefacts and outputs.
- Building a user research repository to serve as the organisation’s source-of-truth for user insights and best practise.
- Compile user research into actionable insights to make decisions on how to best build a research repository.
- Working with our team and stakeholders to deliver this service.
Your professional experience
Together with the team, you will be building foundational UX infrastructure and facilitating organisation-wide culture shift towards user-centricity. You have a deep understanding of user-centered design and are empathic when working closely with other teams and stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is excited for this challenge, with a proven track record for effectively translating user needs into actionable insights and communicating them to various audiences.
To be consider for the contract you must have:
- Excellent understanding of user-centered design process, methodologies and its application in the context of a large organisation
- Experience engaging with a wide range of stakeholders to advocate for user-centricity
- Ability to plan and facilitate workshops with senior stakeholders to prioritise user needs and research activities, and navigate complex project requirements and constraints
- An enthusiasm for user-centered design, and sharing the knowledge/expertise with the wider organisation
- Proven experience in designing and/or delivering a service or product for an organisation
- Ability to set metrics for projects and services to monitor its performance and user satisfaction
- Previous experience working alongside other UX/UI designers and developers to deliver the best design solutions
- Service design experience is desirable
For further information or an informal chat contact Nabila Hisbaron: email@example.com